Friday, November 20, 2009

Biking in the desert from Hayden


Hello!
Today, my dad and I went biking in the desert. It was a blast! We saw camels, alive and dead, we saw some of the most poor people I've ever seen, and we saw lots of wild dogs that didn't look very friendly. It's a good thing there were about ten of us there. I got stuck in the sand and the rocks a couple of times. There were a lot of rocks. Huge mountains of them! Some of them were pretty tall. It would be so easy to get lost because all of the little mountains look the same. We all had to stick together. We had to also get up really early or else it would be way too hot. When we got back from the ride we had a big brunch with beef bacon, scrambled eggs, and toast. I was starving! I ate a large pile of eggs, more than ten slices of bacon, and three big pieces of toast. I think I biked about ten miles. You burn energy so quickly though, it felt like I biked twenty. Our bike ride started at about eight in the morning, and we had to drive about two hours to get there. Plus, I had to get up even earlier because I had to have a little bite to eat before we left. I think I got up at about five in the morning. But all I remember is the awesome biking, the great food, and the camels. Over all, the whole trip was one of my best days ever at KAUST so far.
Thank you for reading this!
Hayden

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a fun day! I loved the camels on the bike ride. You are experiencing such unusual outings. Guess you were really hungry! hugs deedee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayden--You earned a big breakfast after that desert trek. Consider getting a compass to keep your bearings in that featureless terrain. The photo with the camel in the background surely establishes your geographic location! I am looking forward to your description on this blog of Thailand. Boppop

    ReplyDelete