Friday, February 25, 2011

The 2011 KAUST Bike Race from Hayden


Greetings, friends and family,

Yesterday, the 2011 KAUST Bike race took place. Once again my speedy dad won the race. However, the adult bike race wasn't the only thing that happened yesterday. There was also a six and under race, that my brother competed in, and a ten to twelve year old race, that I competed in. Logan started out in about the 5th row of kids at the start line and ended up to be the winner. When the race was over, Logan hadn't even broken a sweat. I was not so lucky. I had to do two giant laps, instead of one small one. I had to race kids two years older than I. I had to race in the hottest part of the day. I also had to win. So, that's what I did. I still was not as lucky as Logan though. When I got done I was dripping with sweat and could barely walk. I then collected my medal, shook hands with the president of KAUST, and drank about five big bottles of water.

I guess it wasn't that bad though, because as soon as I got done I played ultimate frisbee for two hours. Ultimate frisbee was really fun. I scored a few points. Finally, we went to the yacht club and had an okay dinner. The view was great. Thanks for reading!
Hayden

3 comments:

  1. Dear Hayden,
    Conrgatulations on your biking. Your story is very humbel for you put your Dad first, then Logan and finally yourself. It keeps the reader enthralled, but also demonstrates keen ability to introduce suspense. We're very proud of our grandsons whether you win or lose. Much love GrandpaG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello David and Jennifer,

    My name is Daniel and my wife Michelle and I will be teaching at Kaust next year and our two boys (6 and 3) will be going to school. We came across your Blog while just browsing and checked it out, thanks for all the great info about Kaust and your life!

    If you have a spare minute, we'd like to ask you a couple quick questions:

    1. we've been told you can buy bikes on campus. Is this correct? Mountain, road, and kid bikes? How is the selection and price?(we are not overly picky) We'd like to avoid shipping bikes and prefer just buying there, if this is a decent option. What do you think?

    2. This next one is not urgent at all, we're just curious. Like you, we won't buy a car, but we've been told buying a golf cart is an option. Is this so? I wonder how much they are and what your thoughts are on that option?

    3. And lastly---and this one is definitely not urgent, but once again we are curious. What do the mornings look like when you need to be at work before the kids need to be at school?

    If you get a chance to respond that's great, but if you're busy we totally understand and it is not a big deal at all.

    Looking forward to meeting you at Kaust. Have a great end to the year, thank you

    Daniel Whitehair
    danielwhitehair@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayden--great report of your races. You write well and always make me laugh too! You have a good vocabulary and a wonderful sense of life and the fun of it. I can just see Logan--not breaking a sweat and you dripping! Looking forward to seeing you this summer--won't be long now.

    ReplyDelete