Friday, July 31, 2009

Abaya Shopping Part 2


Greetings again. Since it's so hot, over 100 degrees each day, and since I have to wear the abaya each time we go out, it starts to smell a little, shall we say, less fresh. Therefore, we took a taxi yesterday afternoon, after the calls to prayer, to our favorite abaya shop to buy a second one. This time we sipped Pepsi with the owner and his younger brother - and we took a photo.

Continuing to meet many wonderful people and families. Today we met two men from the U.K. who have been here three months - one to set up the entire waterfront/beach area for KAUST and the other as the golf pro.

We are doing well. Both boys are adapting and handling so many things very well. Expectations seem to be high for behavior in general, which is something we support. I confess I miss running outside at Greenlake. More soon. Look for next post on Swimming in the Red Sea.
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. I am having SO much fun reading all your posts!!! I can tell, I am going to learn a lot over the next couple of years, too!!! :) It all sounds like a wonderful experience for the 4 of you. I'm so impressed with the flexiblity of your boys, in particular. (but, also you two adults, too!) Keep the posts coming!!! Lots of love, Sue

    ReplyDelete