Saturday, August 8, 2009

Beef Ham


Conversation at the breakfast table with Logan:

"Mommy, I thought you said there was no ham in Saudi Arabia."
"There isn't any ham in Saudi Arabia."
"But I just ordered ham for my omelet," responds Logan.
"Well, that's actually beef-ham," Mommy tries to explain.
Logan responds, "I wonder what animal makes beef ham. Is that the same as lamb?"


Later we did what many good Saudi families do on the Friday afternoons (the end of the weekend), we went to the mall! Many families, many kids, women with full face coverings, no face coverings, partial coverings. Married couples walking arm-in-arm. We looked in many
shops, bought some flip-flops, and had lunch. Guess what Hayden chose? McDonalds!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Hayden! Logan, pass that beef-ham! I do wonder what animal that came from???? Love and hugs deedee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beef-ham! Sounds like lamb to me!

    I have a really hard time seeing the Evans family on a "mall outing"! It's just not your norm. Fun to try and picture it, though!

    ReplyDelete