Friday, August 28, 2009




Greetings friends and family,
Recently in a rather 'down' moment, we Evanses started talking about what we miss from home:
The mountains
Friends
Sledding on our hill (Logan - not sure he realizes it is still summer at home)
Skiing
Northwest microbrews and red wine
Backpacking
Running outside at Greenlake
Family visits

Then we talked about what we are grateful for here:
Friday beach days
Snorkeling
The vast array of food at the Marriott buffet
The comfortable beds
Our upcoming trip to London
The pool (for the males in the family)
Daily cleaning of our room and the friendly hotel staff
Indian and Lebanese restaurants
The beach
The kids who are Logan's age and more coming who are Hayden's age
Amazing colleagues and new friends
Did I mention the beach and snorkeling at the reef??

We must remember what we miss, mostly our friends and family, and all that we have to be grateful for!

The photos above show us enjoying room service dinner and play cars at the Mall of Arabia.

Thanks for reading. Jennifer


2 comments:

  1. Hello Evans Family. I am Catherine Bartley, in charge of the Volunteers at Littleton Hospital. Your WONDERFUL MOM is my Tuesday assistant & do we get alot done together with her "go get-em" attitude!!!
    Jennifer & Logan-i had the privilege of meeting you when you visited during your Mom's knee surgery recovery.
    Love reading your blogs about life in SA. Truly a grand experience for all of you-one you will be glad you have adventured into.
    I continue to encourage you to list what you are grateful for, especially when you are missing home. I do that also, especially when I need to count my blessings.
    Continued prayers & love to all of you. I love getting my weekly update about all of you from your Mom. Catherine Bartley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen and David--your mom and dad are here for dinner and getting me caught up on your blog. Love it all. Lou C

    ReplyDelete