Friday, February 5, 2010

The golf course, from Hayden

Hello!
The 9-hole KAUST golf course is quite good for a brand new course. The driving range is really nice. It is almost never busy and it's all free. You don't even have to pay to play the course! The course is nice also. They have par threes, fours, and fives. Par means how many shots the pros usually need to complete the hole. My dad usually gets one or two over par, sometimes more. That means he's not very good. I have to try not to laugh at some of his shots. One time he got eleven on a par five. Now I don't think I can name anyone who does worse than that. Another thing my dad seems to do is hit the ball into sand traps a lot. So far he's never hit it into a lake but it's probably not going to be long before he does. I'm not allowed to play on the course yet, but I'm happy just being his caddy. I get to drive the cart, which is pretty fun. They go fast! I'm looking forward to my first lesson with the club pro. It's coming up later this week, and I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks for reading this. Hayden

2 comments:

  1. Dear Hayden,
    No matter how bad your Dad is at golf, your Grandpa/G is worse. In Karachi, Pakistan we had a golf course with "no" grass. The greens were oiled sand, called chocolates. Once I hit a tee shot against a boundary rock and it flew 100 yards behind me. Hayden, do you want to play golf with Grandpa/G?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness Hayden - you crack me up! And what a great explanation of your dad's golf game. I did just want to clear up one thing... I have shot an 11 before and I've put a golf ball in a lake - so although your dad may not be good - there are far worse golfers! :) Thanks for writing updates, it is so fun to hear from you and from Logan.

    ReplyDelete