Sunday, February 21, 2010

Oman from Hayden

Hello!
We just got back from Oman. It was an amazing trip! Muscat is beautiful. The streets are lined with flowers and the mosques are brilliant! The mosques there are huge, beautiful buildings. One of the things I liked most about Muscat is the smell. Muscat smells wonderful! When people are done with their garbage they throw it into a trash can and not onto the sidewalk. Also, the flowers that line the street smell very nice. Their smell is all over the city. You can smell it even when you're inside a building! Our hotel was really nice, with a fifty foot ceiling and eight floors, when you walk into it for the first time it feels like you're in a castle. My brother and I loved to gaze up at the ceiling. The pool was nice too. When we were there we saw the Tour of Oman. My dad was really excited because he had not seen a bike race in a while. He got to talk to a professional rider from Washington state! We had this really nice taxi driver who took us around to see a couple different spots where the bike race came through. Thank you for reading this!
Hayden

3 comments:

  1. Oh people actually through trash in a garbage pin that’s heart, but I don’t blame you ,it is Jeddah , any way next time you go Oman make sure you visit salalah Oman you will think that you are in Emrald State

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayden. I have noticed how much your writing has improved. I can understand from the examples that you cite why you liked being in Oman. I thought of you last week when I was skiing at Winter Park, Colorado. It was snowing all day with about 8" of new soft snow on the runs. The hill was not crowded, no lift lines, and we were able to do about 14,000' of vertical skiing in 4 hours. When you are here in Colorado this summer, I hope we can do some hiking together. I think that you will have the opportunity to climb a 14er peak while you are at AU camp. Thanks for posting to the blog. Love, Boppop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hayden,
    Your blog was terrific. Please keep them coming. Much love to you and the other three. Grandpa/G

    ReplyDelete