Thursday, January 21, 2010

The first race at kaust from Hayden


Hello all,
Today was the first race ever at Kaust. It was a total blast. It wasn't too long and it wasn't too short. A lot of younger kids tried to compete but they went really hard in the start and then after a kilometer they were so tired they could barely move. I did not make the same mistake. I ended up passing all of those kids. My friend Colin did it with me too. We talked along the way. It made it go by much faster. The course was basically flat the whole time. It wasn't a really exciting course, but I still had a good time. All the Philippino workers watched in awe as we went by. You should have seen some of their faces. They act like they've never seen a running race before. Well, I guess most of them haven't, but still their faces acted like they thought we were from neptune. In the last kilometer I dropped Colin and managed to pass three people before the finish. When I did finish, my Dad was there and he urged me on. Apparently, I finished second in my category. The only person who managed to beat me was a high school boy who was really fast. My dad finished first though. He got a big trophy that said: Kaust first place. He let me hold it. My mom ran too. Thank you for reading this!
Hayden




2 comments:

  1. Well written and explained, Hayden. What a good race you ran! It was fun to read about this event and how your friends were there too. You are having many opportunities to learn and grow. Hugs deedee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayden.
    It is great when you fill us in! You have a vivid writing style - I feel as though I can picture the whole event. Congratulations on finishing and being happy with your run.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete