Friday, January 15, 2010

Skiing by Logan


Greetings,
My grandma and grandpa paid for me to have ski lessons in Austria. I am really good now. I learned how to do jumps, and I liked to go fast. It was really fun because there were lots of really steep slopes. I saw lots of other really really good skiers who looked like they skied a lot. And also I got to go really fast sometimes, but the nice thing about learning is that you get to go slow also. And it was so cold that on the last day I had to wear more than I usually wear, and I got some new mittens that were really nice. I learned how to ski on the little kid hill, but then I got to go to Rosschute and the six-person chairlift and the gondola. There was a funicular that was just a little train that went up to the lodge at the top, and they had a little kid play area inside. I loved it so much that I want to go there again.

I really liked the Austria food that they had there. I liked the frankfurters with catsup and french fries and the chocolate croissants.

And the ice skating was really fun but it was hard. I fell down sometimes.

Thanks for reading my blog, Logan

3 comments:

  1. Dear Logan,
    What a lovely desciption of your two weeks in Austria. You are lucky that your parents are such fine teachers that they were posted to Saudi Arabia, not that far from Austria. I hope some day you, Hayden and your Mom and Dad will join me at Crystal Mountain. Logan, Saturday at Crystal a 99 year old man won the downhill NASTAR in his age group. I'm only 77. Thanks for your blog. Much love to the Evans of Arabia Quartet. Grandpa G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your blog, Logan. I would love to watch you skiing down the big hills. You will have to come to Colorado some winter and we will take you to Winter Park! I am quite fond of chocolate croissants too--they are my absolute favorites. hugs deedee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Logan! Betty Jo just started her 2 round of ski lessons for this season. She is loving it too, but not quite ready for the jumps. You and Betty Jo were such pals when you were younger. I look forward to the day you guys get to meet each other again. Perhaps one day we will have a family ski trip togeter. I have never been to Austria. I'm sure the skiing is sooooo much better there. YOu are leading a charmed life my friend. So grown up. I miss you.
    Maryam

    ReplyDelete